Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A note from Nigel's Mum in England


Hi Susie, this is Anne (Nigel’s Mum) in England. What a beautiful tribute to Mort.

David and I will always remember the welcome we had from Mort and Anne whenever we visited Seattle, and the day we spent with them when they showed us around the Seaside area one Sunday is one of our favourite memories of America.

I have written below a little tribute about dogs which I came across and think Fritz (the wonderful companion for Mort), just fits this admirably – man’s best friend eh?

“I talk to him when I’m lonesome like,
And I’m sure he understands,
When he looks at me so attentively,
And gently licks my hands;
Then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes,
But I never say naught thereat,
For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes,
But never a friend like that!”
-W. Dayton Wedgefarth


Although we can’t be there on Saturday, you will all be in our thoughts – especially Mort,

God Bless
Anne

No comments: